Saturday, June 12, 2010

How is school influencing your life at or up to this point?

Hi Everyone,

I started at Kaplan in April 2009. I decided to go back to school to get a better paying job to support myself since my divorce a little over 1 1/2 years ago. I have not worked in the medical field at all, but I am very interested in it, and have chosen to pursue an associate degree in Health Information Technology. I am a perfectionist, however, I am lacking in self confidence. School is helping me with this, as I am doing very well in my classes. This gives me the confidence to succeed and know that I can do anything if I apply myself. I have learned so much since I started school. I feel my writing has improved and I have learned a lot about myself. One thing I have learned is to manage my time better. Furthermore, my computer skills have improved a lot. I am very motivated in doing the best I can and getting my work done on time. I do not procrastinate. I do get overwhelmed and stressed out at times. School has left me with very little free time, which contributes to my stress. However, I am learning to make time for myself, to help relieve some of my stress. School has had a very positive effect on my life.

Mary Gasper

1 comment:

  1. Mary it seems you and I are alot alike. B's were not in my list of good things to get. Second term told me different, I missed the dean's list by 3 stinking points because I got a B+. Boy was I mad at myself. But I had to learn that getting a B wasn't so bad after all, it is still passing. Stress is what I run on most of the time it seems. My body won't know what to do if I had time to have a little me time. I might have a stroke or something. It seems every time I feel like I can take a litle time for myself something pops up and takes my me time away. School has been very positive for me though instead of coming home and cleaning, eating, and falling asleep on the couch I have to spend every minute wisely. My house use to be very clean now it is just so so clean, but I have to learn to deal with it because school is so important to me. I have to give alittle here and take alittle there to balance everything out.
    Best of luck to Mary!!

    ReplyDelete